Thank you for visiting https://syftapp.com and accessing the Syft applications (the “Apps”). The Apps connect employers with fully vetted, trained workers at a lower cost than a traditional flexible staffing agency. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy together with our Terms and Conditions (https://syftapp.com/terms-and-conditions/) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand what data we collect, how that data is used and the ways it can be shared by us and you.
The data controller of your personal data is Syft Online Limited, whose registered office is at 53 Parker Street, 3rd Floor, London, WC2B 5PT (firstname.lastname@example.org). Our Data Protection Manager is Matthew, who can be contacted at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Apps or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the Apps or report a problem with the Apps.
If you are accessing and using the Apps as a jobseeker, this may include your name, email address, postal address, availability dates, photograph, profile description, contact details, previous employment experience, copies of any ‘right to work’ documentation which shows your ongoing entitlement to work in the UK (such as passport, visa documentation, national ID and/or resident’s permit), date of birth, details of your next of kin (including name, relationship and contact details), bank account details, and any details that you may provide by filling out the ‘New Starter’ form.
If you are accessing and using the Apps as an employer, this may include your name, employer name, employer address, email address, job title and other business contact details of your staffing managers as well as the following information relating to any jobseekers whom you engage: (i) rates of pay, (ii) shifts worked, (iii) skills set, (iv) employer feedback and ratings, (v) interaction with shifts, (vi) unique identifiers, (vii) ERN number.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Apps we will automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the dates and times you use the App, (for jobseekers) work opportunities you view or search for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you from any third party source. If you are an employer, we may collect further information about you from credit reporting agencies. We may combine this data with the other information we have collected about you via the Apps. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that data.
1. Session cookies are used to remember selections made when you use the Apps. Session cookies are deleted automatically when you leave the Apps or close your browser.
2. Persistent cookies are used to identify you when you return to the Apps and/or to remember specific information about your preferences. These cookies also help us understand browsing behaviour within the Apps, which can help us develop the Apps in a way we believe will be most relevant to your interests. Persistent cookies are stored on your device and are not deleted when the browser is closed – these cookies must be ‘manually’ deleted if you want to remove them.
First and third party cookies
We set cookies (first party cookies) on web pages, however, where we require additional information or services, we also allow other companies to host cookies on our web pages (third-party cookies). These partner companies have been carefully selected by us and are required to meet contractual obligations they have with us.
The cookies we use are categorised into four groups:
1. Strictly Necessary cookies
– these cookies are used for technical reasons and are necessary to enable the Apps to operate efficiently so that you can navigate the Apps with ease and use specific features. These include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Apps and cookies that help us to debug any errors. If these cookies are blocked or disabled, some of the Apps’ functions will not be available to you and you may not be able to use our service.
2. Performance cookies
– these cookies are used to obtain statistics about the number of users of the Apps and how such users interact with the Apps. These cookies collect information that is aggregated and therefore cannot be used to identify an individual’s identity. Such information allows us to continuously improve the Apps to provide users with a better online experience (such as enabling users to find what they are looking for more easily).
3. Functionality cookies
– these cookies are used to improve the functionality of the Apps and make it easier to use. They help us to identify you as a repeat user of the Apps and help us remember your preferences, which saves you time by making the user experience easier.
– these cookies gather information about your habits when using the Apps (including the pages you have visited). We may combine such information with other personal data that we have collected about you (for example your user profile) to enhance the Apps and make them more tailored to you.) These cookies may be placed on the Apps by carefully selected third parties on our behalf (with our permission) in order to help us collect statistical data about users of the Apps and conduct market research.
We may share information that we collected through cookies, in aggregated form, with carefully selected third parties for the purposes set out above, unless you disable or block cookies as set out below.
How do I control my cookie settings on my computer?
Please be aware that if you decide to disable or block cookies, parts of the Apps may not function correctly, or at all, and we may not be able to offer our services to you.
Should you choose however to disable or block our cookies on your device you will need to do this through your browser. Click on the ‘Help’ menu on your particular browser to learn how to manage your cookie preferences. Alternatively, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu for comprehensive information on how to manage cookies.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, for example, the contract which governs how we make the Apps available to you and/or provide services to you;
- to provide you with information about other applications or online services that we may offer that are similar to the Apps or the services we are supplying to you (or that you have enquired about);
- to notify you about changes to the Apps or our services; and
- to ensure that content from the Apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer the Apps and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Apps to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
as part of our efforts to keep the Apps safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about our other applications or services that may interest you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal data with:
Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Selected third parties including:
credit reporting agencies, if you are an employer, for the purpose of carrying out credit checks;
business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Apps.
We will disclose your personal data to third parties:
If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Syft Online Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its Apps’ users will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions (https://syftapp.com/terms-and-conditions/) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Apps; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have a number of rights in relation to how we process your personal data. These include:
• the right access the personal data that we may hold about you;
• the right to rectify any inaccurate personal data that we may hold about you;
• the right to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances, for example, where it is no longer necessary for us to process your personal data to fulfil our processing purposes; where you object to your data being processed on certain grounds (for example, for marketing purposes) or where your personal data is being unlawfully processed; and
• the right to have your data ported to a new service provider if you no longer wish to use the Apps or our services.
You can exercise any of these rights any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Apps may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Should you have cause to complain about how we handle your personal data, please contact us in the first instance. We will do our best to resolve your concern. Alternatively, you may prefer to submit a complaint directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). For further details on how to complain to the ICO, please follow the links below: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.