Are you looking for temporary kitchen porter jobs?
Kitchen assistant jobs are fast paced, challenging and exciting and our clients require a strong support team of kitchen porters to form the backbone of their kitchens.
Establishments such as Gordon Ramsey Restaurants, Levy Restaurants, Coya and more require temporary catering staff, part time kitchen porters, assistants, runners and more to back up their chef teams. So if you’re capable of multitasking, peeling the potatoes, loading the dishwasher, unpacking deliveries and storing food in a fast and professional manner then why not sign up to a shift and enjoy the best paid flexible jobs that Syft has to offer?
Kitchen porter and kitchen assistant roles require the following experience and training; previous kitchen experience, experience in a high pressure environment, preferably a FHC certificate (bring certificate with you) and own steel toe cap safety boots. We do not provide practical training.
Skills we're looking for:
- Comfortable with heavy lifting
- Strong awareness of health & safety
- Quick and meticulous worker
- Good communication skills
- Friendly demeanour and well-presented
- Driving Licence for driver roles needed
What makes a great kitchen porter?
Be a self starter
Once you’ve learnt the basics of the job, don’t just stand around waiting to be asked to do another task, show initiative and find opportunities that will make everyone’s job easier, such as prepping more vegetables, moving delivery boxes to the recycling and cleaning as you work.
Be a team player
If the work is piling up on a team member and you can help out without affecting your own duties then be sure to offer your assistance. They’ll really appreciate the help and your support won’t be easily forgotten.
It can be daunting joining a tight knit workforce especially as a part time kitchen porter, but building relationships and not taking things personally in a heated kitchen are essential to the role. A good working attitude can lead to more shifts.
Benefits of working with Syft:
- Weekly pay, direct to your bank account
- Instant job offers confirmed, via the app, 24/7
- Earn a £20 referral bonus* every time you bring a new Syfter to us!
- Choose when and where you work – be your own boss!
- Free phone insurance and discount at gyms and high streets brands