Are you looking for food prep assistant and kitchen assistant jobs?
A restaurant kitchen wouldn’t succeed without the support provided by food preparation assistants. They are the backbone of a smooth kitchen operation. As a kitchen assistant/food prep worker, you are expected to support the chefs and ensure the kitchen workplace and equipment are maintained to the highest standards.
With many high-profile clients including Levy Restaurants, CH&Co Catering, Ritz and more, you’ll have the opportunities to work in a professional kitchen and some of the most renowned chefs in the hospitality industry. If you believe you’ve got what it takes to be a top food prep assistant, then why not sign up to a shift with the leading chef agency and enjoy the best paid flexible jobs that Syft has to offer?
Your Career Path
You’ll also have the opportunity to embark a culinary career with Syft, once you’ve completed a required number of food preparation assistant shifts and achieved an excellent rating, we’ll verify you as a Commis Chef so you can move onto the next level. A free Food Safety and Hygiene training will be provided for you.
Qualifications and Skills we’re looking for include:
- Prior experience as a kitchen assistant or a food prep assistant
- Food handling experience
- Good level of English and communication skills
- Ability to work in a timely and meticulous manner
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- A team player, and able to use your own initiative
- Experience of working in a similar industry such as food service, catering or hospitality
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- You must be able to stand for long periods and have the ability to carry heavy items as required
- Food Hygiene certificate would be a bonus
What makes great food prep assistants?
Be a self starter
Once you’ve learnt the basics of the job, don’t just stand around waiting to be asked to do another task, show initiative and find opportunities that will make everyone’s job easier, such as prepping more vegetables, moving delivery boxes to the recycling and cleaning as you work.
Be a team player
If the work is piling up on a team member and you can help out without affecting your own duties then be sure to offer your assistance. They’ll really appreciate the help and your support won’t be easily forgotten.
It can be daunting joining a tight knit workforce especially as a part time kitchen porter, but building relationships and not taking things personally in a heated kitchen are essential to the role. A good working attitude can lead to more shifts.
Benefits of working with Syft:
- Weekly pay, direct to your bank account
- Instant job offers confirmed, via the app, 24/7
- Earn a £20 referral bonus* every time you bring a new Syfter to us!
- Choose when and where you work – be your own boss!
- Free phone insurance and discount at gyms and high streets brands