Looking for a food prep assistant job in London, Cardiff, the North and Midlands?
A restaurant kitchen wouldn’t succeed without the support provided by food preparation assistants. They are the backbone of a smooth kitchen operation. As a kitchen assistant/food preparation worker, you are expected to support the chefs and ensure the kitchen workplace and equipment are maintained to the highest standards.
With many high-profile clients including Gordon Ramsey Restaurants, CH&Co Catering, Ritz and more, you’ll have the opportunities to work in a professional kitchen and some of the most renowned chefs in the hospitality industry.
Your Career Path
You’ll also have the opportunity to embark a culinary career with Syft, once you’ve completed a required number of food preparation assistant shifts and achieved an excellent rating, we’ll verify you as a Commis Chef so you can move onto the next level. A free Food Safety and Hygiene training will be provided for you.
Qualifications and Skills we’re looking for include:
- Prior experience as a kitchen assistant or a food prep assistant
- Food handling experience
- Good level of English and communication skills
- Ability to work in a timely and meticulous manner
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- A team player, and able to use your own initiative
- Experience of working in a similar industry such as food service, catering or hospitality
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- You must be able to stand for long periods and have the ability to carry heavy items as required
- Food Hygiene certificate would be a bonus
Benefits of working with Syft:
- Weekly pay, direct to your bank account
- Instant job offers confirmed, via the app, 24/7
- Earn a £20 referral bonus* every time you bring a new Syfter to us!
- Choose when and where you work – be your own boss!
- Free phone insurance and discount at gyms and high streets brands