Are you looking for flexible commis chef jobs?
Commis chef jobs provide the ideal learning ground for aspiring chefs. The kitchen is only able to thrive through the support and preparation provided by commis chefs. As a commis chef, you are expected to ensure that daily food preparations are met to a high quality standard.
You will most likely be working underneath a chef de partie, managing the food preparation and mastering the dishes under their speciality. Temporary and part time commis chef work allows you to gain as much experience as possible in each area, including, butchery, fish, vegetables and sauces.
With many high-profile clients including Levy Restaurants, CH&Co Catering, Ritz and more, you’ll have the opportunities to work in a professional kitchen and some of the most renowned chefs in the hospitality industry. If you believe you’re capable of multitasking and managing a kitchen, then why not sign up to a shift with the leading chef agency and enjoy the best paid flexible jobs that Syft has to offer?
Qualifications and Skills we’re looking for include:
- Prior experience as a commis chef
- Food handling experience
- Good level of English and communication skills
- Ability to work in a timely and meticulous manner
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- A team player, and able to use your own initiative
- Experience of working in a similar industry such as food service, catering or hospitality
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- You must be able to stand for long periods and have the ability to carry heavy items as required
- Food Hygiene certificate would be a bonus
What makes a great commis chef?
Being a commis chef requires quick thinking and being able to learn on your feet, as well as excellent preparation and organisational skills. Commis chefs are required to manage food stock and deliveries, ingredient preparation and master the dishes in their section. Kitchen’s can be a stressful place to be, so organisation and communication are key to a successful kitchen.
Be a team player
Part of being a commis chef is also being a team player. If the work is piling up on a team member and you can help out without affecting your own duties then be sure to offer your assistance. They’ll really appreciate the help and your support won’t be easily forgotten.
It can be daunting joining a tight knit workforce especially in the kitchen, but building relationships and not taking things personally in a heated kitchen are essential to the role. A good working attitude can lead to more shifts.
Benefits of working with Syft:
- Weekly pay, direct to your bank account
- Instant job offers confirmed, via the app, 24/7
- Earn a £20 referral bonus* every time you bring a new Syfter to us!
- Choose when and where you work – be your own boss!
- Free phone insurance and discount at gyms and high streets brands