Are you looking for flexible Chef de Partie jobs?
As Chef de Partie, you will be working with fresh ingredients and responsible for taking control of your own section, whether that be pastry, butchery, fish, sauces or vegetables. You will have the opportunity to learn and develop your skills and career in a high rewarding environment.
Temporary chef jobs and part time chef de partie jobs are an excellent opportunity to work much more closely with the sous and head chef and develop your skill set and experience. You will be required to prepare, cook and present dishes within your speciality as well managing and training any demi chef de parties.
With many high-profile clients including Levy Restaurants, The Ritz, Hilton and more, Syft are looking for skilled chefs who know about a broad range of food, preparation techniques and are knowledgeable about health and safety protocols. If you believe you’re capable of multitasking and managing a kitchen and team of people, then why not sign up to a shift with the leading chef agency and enjoy the best paid flexible jobs that Syft has to offer?
Skills we are looking for include:
- Prior experience as a chef
- Experience planning and undertaking food preparation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a timely and meticulous manner
- A minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Health & Safety certification
- Food Allergens Certificate
What makes a great chef de partie?
Being a chef de partie requires more than the ability to cook, it also requires excellent preparation and organisational skills. Chef de parties may be required to lead and train several team members, master the dishes in their speciality and keep on top of food preparation. Kitchens can be a stressful place to be, so organisation and delegation are key to a successful kitchen.
Be a team player
Part of being a chef de partie is about also being a team player. If the work is piling up on a team member and you can help out without affecting your own duties then be sure to offer your assistance. They’ll really appreciate the help and your support won’t be easily forgotten.
It can be daunting joining a tight knit workforce especially in the kitchen, but building relationships and not taking things personally in a heated kitchen are essential to the role. A good working attitude can lead to more shifts.
Benefits of working for Syft:
- Weekly pay, direct to your bank account
- Instant job offers confirmed, via the app, 24/7
- Earn a £20 referral bonus* every time you bring a new Syfter to us!
- Choose when and where you work – be your own boss!
- Free phone insurance and discount at gyms and high streets brands