At Syft, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector. Founded in late 2015, our app connects fully vetted and qualified jobseekers with a range of top hospitality, industrial and facilities management brands.
Our results speak for themselves, £8.75 million in VC funding between 2016 and 2018, ‘Recruitment Technology Innovation of the Year’ at the Recruiter Awards, ‘Hottest Platform Economy / Marketplace’ at the Europas and ranked 7th in the ‘Startups 100’ in 2018.
In 2019 we were bought by Indeed, the World’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey.
We are proud to state we are experiencing 3x year-on-year growth and currently have 26,000+ high quality workers verified on our app. Our internal team now boasts over 100 dedicated professionals in the UK. Syft is at an exciting stage of our journey and we’re looking for a confident, self-motivated Business Development Manager to join our highly talented & ambitious team!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research and identify potential clients, identify decisions makers and qualify leads received by the team
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of our platform and how it works and the benefits it offers
- Manage and report against pipeline and sales targets
- Call and meet with clients to outline benefits of our platform
- Work with our Marketing Team to identify key targets
- Generating new and repeat business in line with targets
- Following the full sales life cycle
- Negotiate profitable contracts with clients to meet revenue targets
- Liaise with the account management team to ensure smooth and professional handover of new business
- Reporting directly to the Sales Director
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of business development or sales experience, within the hospitality or industrial or facilities management sectors is essential
- Superb ability to build rapport quickly within a face-to-face environment
- Must possess the desire to succeed and obsessive about hitting targets consistently
- Excellent written skills and can write personable, persuasive and professional email
- Have a natural ability to persistently motivate yourself and others by being a great team player!
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and time management
- Strong IT skills and have experience using CRM systems preferably Salesforce
- Commercially minded with high level attention to detail
- Competitive salary and a generous commission structure
- Regular team building events
- Benefits such as free mobile phone insurance, discounts on gym membership, health insurance and plenty more!
- Laptop and iPhone
You’ll fit right in at Syft if:
- You’re flexible – you’ll muck in and help with anything
- You’re proactive and always willing to learn
- You prefer a start-up environment because you want to have an impact and love being in a fast-paced company