At Syft, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector. Founded in late 2015, our app connects fully vetted and qualified jobseekers with a range of top hospitality, industrial and facilities management brands.
Our results speak for themselves, £8.75 million in VC funding between 2016 and 2018, ‘Recruitment Technology Innovation of the Year’ at the Recruiter Awards, ‘Hottest Platform Economy / Marketplace’ at the Europas and ranked 7th in the ‘Startups 100’ in 2018.
In 2019 we were bought by Indeed, the World’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey.
We are proud to state we are experiencing 3x year-on-year growth and currently have 26,000+ high quality workers verified on our app. Our internal team now boasts over 100 dedicated professionals in the UK.
Syft is at an exciting stage of our journey and we’re looking for a results driven, self-motivated Ruby on Rails developer to join our highly talented & ambitious team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be responsible for maintaining and developing the backend application, which serves the iOS, Android and web apps
- Our backend is based on a Rails Grape API and hosted on Heroku
- We’re considering gradually adding Elixir to our stack to improve response time as we scale
Qualifications and Skills
- Experienced with Ruby on Rails and building REST APIs
- Comfortable following the best practices like testing (RSpec), refactoring, and writing clear, expressive code
- Good at designing software that will be flexible in face of changing requirements
- Detail oriented and don’t consider a task finished until it’s working without any issues, looks perfect and contains no bugs. If (and when!) bugs do arise, you will be expected to take ownership of the problem and see it through to completion
- Industry competitive salary packages
- Regular team building events
- Benefits such as free mobile phone insurance, discounts on gym membership, health insurance and plenty more!
You’ll fit right in at Syft if:
- You’re flexible – you’ll muck in and help with anything
- You’re proactive and always willing to learn
- You prefer a start-up environment because you want to have an impact and love being in a fast-paced company
Syft is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that wants to build a welcoming and diverse working environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnic background, race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.