Location: This is a remote based role with the option to work from one of our regional offices (London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Liverpool)
What is Syft?
Founded in 2015, Syft is an on-demand marketplace helping Job Seekers and Employers have 100% control and choice over shifts worked in real time. We want to enable Job Seekers to control their schedule, choose their work and enable them to work as many or as few shifts as they want. The platform enables Employers to book reliable, rated and verified staff immediately. At Syft, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector.
Our results speak for themselves, £8.75 million in VC funding between 2016 and 2018, ‘Recruitment Technology Innovation of the Year’ at the Recruiter Awards, ‘Hottest Platform Economy / Marketplace’ at the Europas and ranked 7th in the ‘Startups 100’ in 2018.
Syft has grown to over 200 employees across 9 offices around the UK & US . In 2019 Syft was acquired by Indeed.com, the world’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey.
Our mission is to help people get jobs by democratising work and giving jobseekers ownership, control, and choice. We are working hard to build a world where access to work and jobseekers are frictionless.
You strive to make a positive impact on the world around you through your work. You’re flexible and focused on collaborative approaches to problem solving — and highly motivated to deliver those solutions with high quality and velocity. You’re also committed to learning and continual improvement.
We aim to fundamentally change how the world looks at work in a way that benefits both Job Seekers and Employers. We are looking for someone who is thrilled by all the possibilities.
Responsibilities & Duties
- We are looking for an SDET to help us automate software quality throughout the Syft stack and to work as part of the team responsible for maintaining our quality standards.
- We need an all-around contributor: While your main role will be automation, you’ll need to mentor and evangelize to empower the rest of the Quality and Engineering teams to contribute.
- You’ll also need to be able to help with exploratory testing — ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications, and systems work correctly.
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong experience in implementing automated testing for mobile applications (Android and iOS) and relevant testing automation tools in a devops environment;
- Experience with Appium or other mobile testing technologies;
- Demonstrated successes implementing test automation across all areas of the stack:, iOS, Android, API layers, Web, etc;
- Deep understanding of the SDLC in an agile environment, working with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout; understands business and quality requirements and can translate these into small pieces that can be delivered and validated incrementally;
- A collaborative team player: Strong experience with direct and indirect mentorship — able to transform development practices to enable and sustain automated approaches to quality, as well as strong partnership with Manual and Exploratory quality specializations;
- Ability to review and analyse system specifications/requirements, identify candidate areas for test automation, and provide effort and risk estimates
- Experience writing and executing automation scripts and analysing results across all test phases (smoke, system, integration, regression, UAT, etc)
- Experience with defect management processes and systems: Demonstrated excellence in the ability to communicate bugs and errors, and the ability to quantify and justify further action
- A demonstrated ability to learn, incorporate, and apply new technologies as appropriate would be considered a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Desirable technical skills (nice to have)
- Experience in implementing custom made software automated testing frameworks (mobile or web), including BDD would be considered a plus;
- Experience with an additional secondary programming language would be a plus;
- Experience with performance testing for mobile or web technologies (UI or api) would be considered a plus (jmeter, locust, loadrunner, blazemeter, grinder, stormrunner etc);
Also desirable (nice to have)
- Marketplace Experience or Hiring/ Recruitment Space Experience
- MBA or degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- ISTQB Certification
You’ll fit right in at Syft if:
You’re Flexible- able to consider challenges from different perspectives.
You’re Entrepreneurial- see how a challenge could become an opportunity.
You take Accountability through thick and thin, inviting ideas for improvement.
You’re Data Driven- see the necessity of analysing metrics when devising solutions.
You’re Passionate about what you do and self motivated.
You can Adapt to your team’s challenges and Collaborate with other departments.
What you’ll get:
- Flexible work arrangements, remote and working from home.
- Employee Assistance programs, free eyecare vouchers, discounted gym memberships and more.
- Unique bonus structure for every employee.
- Social events and lunch and learns.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.