What is Syft?
Founded in 2015, Syft is an on-demand marketplace helping Job Seekers and Employers have 100% control and choice over shifts worked in real time. We want to enable Job Seekers to control their schedule, choose their work and enable them to work as many or as few shifts as they want. The platform enables Employers to book reliable, rated and verified staff immediately. At Syft, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector.
Our mission is to help people get jobs by democratising work and giving jobseekers ownership, control, and choice. We are working hard to build a world where access to work and jobseekers are frictionless.
Our results speak for themselves, £8.75 million in VC funding between 2016 and 2018, ‘Recruitment Technology Innovation of the Year’ at the Recruiter Awards, ‘Hottest Platform Economy / Marketplace’ at the Europas and ranked 7th in the ‘Startups 100’ in 2018.
Syft has grown to nearly 200 employees across 8 offices around the UK. In 2019 Syft was acquired by Indeed.com, the world’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey.
Summary of the Role
Reporting to the Enterprise Director (ED), the role of the Enterprise BDM is to generate new business for Syft.
The purpose of the EBDM is to secure new contracts and to support the ED in growing the business. You will deliver outstanding results in helping clients reduce costs, improving performance and manage change by utilising technology and helping people get jobs. You’ll be committed to developing long-term relationships based on trust and added value. With experience in selling to c-level and above you’ll secure new contracts via a number of channels.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop new business opportunities through a mix of professional networking methods
- Build a strong pipeline of fully qualified opportunities within the desired client market
- Proactively source your own new business
- Work with Mid Market teams and marketing as appropriate to promote and convert the sales pipeline.
- Delivering confident, well-researched and individually-tailored sales presentations to prospective client senior management that get the client’s attention
- Develop pre-sales materials to i.e. proposals, client presentations and case study documents.
- Sharing of industry best practices with clients to maximise the value of ‘s solutions and services.
- Negotiating commercials
- Understanding the Syft proposition to a Subject Matter Expert level
- Understands client business strategy, drivers and priorities – understands the client’s vision, goals, strategy, drivers, plan and priorities. Can articulate the client’s formal and informal organisation.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the clients’ business needs and anticipates clients’ requirements beyond the current engagement to add value to their long term business.
- Demonstrates an understanding and maps the power relationships in the client, develops and delivers action plans to actively manage stakeholders to achieve objectives.
- Uses own understanding of client’s business needs to manage client expectations effectively. Doesn’t over promise, always follows through on commitments and ensures no surprises. Uses confirmation and clarification techniques to manage expectations.
- Uses understanding of psychology of relationships, individuals and situations to plan and build long term mutually advantageous relationships with clients
- Networking – actively networks colleagues inside and outside to build new relationships.
- Managing personal impact – builds rapport and makes strong connections with individuals and groups. Identifies client’s style and preferences and ‘hot buttons’. Reads situations accurately and adapts style appropriately. Invokes client confidence.
- Interpersonal Communication – presents information concisely and articulately. Listens actively and questions effectively. Accurately interprets verbal and non-verbal signals and responds accordingly. Crafts key messages and produces tailored concise and powerful written communications.
- Assertiveness / conflict resolution – uses a range of conflict resolution techniques to achieve own goals and strengthen client relationships. Challenges others effectively.
- Facilitating – adopts a facilitative style, guides dialogue to achieve shared objectives and ownership of outputs
- Inviting and acting on feedback – actively seeks feedback on own performance and uses this to modify approach
Experience and Skills Required
- 5+ years of business development or direct sales experience, specifically targeting enterprise-level business and contacts at c-level or above.
- Commercially minded with high level attention to detail
- Superb ability to build rapport quickly within a face-to-face environment
- Previous experience of managing multiple sales processes through to completion
- Must possess the desire to succeed and obsessive about hitting targets consistently
- Excellent communication skills
- Have a natural ability to persistently motivate yourself and others by being a great team player
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and time management
- Strong IT skills and have experience using CRM systems preferably Salesforce
You’ll fit right in at Syft if:
You’re Flexible– able to consider challenges from different perspectives.
You’re Entrepreneurial– see how a challenge could become an opportunity.
You take Accountability through thick and thin, inviting ideas for improvement.
You’re Data Driven– see the necessity of analysing metrics when devising solutions.
You’re Passionate about what you do and self motivated.
You can Adapt to your team’s challenges and Collaborate with other departments.
What you’ll get:
- Flexible work arrangements, remote and working from home.
- Employee Assistance programs, free eyecare vouchers, discounted gym memberships and more.
- Unique bonus structure for every employee.
- Social events and lunch and learns.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.