We are looking for our next engineering leader to join a rapidly growing team of software engineers. This is an opportunity to help create and define an engineering culture as we build out our team both locally and remotely.
You will be responsible for managing a cross functional engineering team to ensure delivery of high quality, robust products in a consistent manner and maintaining communication between the tam and the wider company. You will also manage the career growth of the individual members of the team.
At Syft, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector. Founded in late 2015, our app connects fully vetted and qualified jobseekers with a range of top hospitality, industrial and facilities management brands.
Our results speak for themselves, £8.75 million in VC funding between 2016 and 2018, ‘Recruitment Technology Innovation of the Year’ at the Recruiter Awards, ‘Hottest Platform Economy / Marketplace’ at the Europas and ranked 7th in the ‘Startups 100’ in 2018.
In 2019 we were bought by Indeed, the World’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey.
- Managing the life cycle of the software development of the team
- Maintaining high quality consistent output from each team member
- Shepard the career development of individuals on the team
- Identify skill gaps on the team and work to fill through training and hiring
- Ensure all necessary parts of the business are aware of the state of projects and any issues that may arise
The ideal candidate would:
- Have experience managing software development teams
- Understand the principles of an Agile process and be flexible enough to apply those principles as appropriate
- Comfortable communicating to a highly technical audience as well as a non-technical one
- Be a domain expert is either the Ruby or ReactJS eco-systems and also have the ability to review code in either
- Be ready to help define and organize a strong engineering culture based on open communication and end to end product ownership
- Industry competitive salary packages
- Regular team-building events
- Benefits such as free mobile phone insurance, discounts on gym membership, health insurance and plenty more!
You’ll fit right in at Syft if:
- You’re flexible – you’ll muck in and help with anything
- You’re proactive and always willing to learn
- You prefer a start-up environment because you want to have an impact and love being in a fast-paced company
Syft is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that wants to build a welcoming and diverse working environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnic background, race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.