At Syft, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector. Founded in late 2015, our app connects fully vetted and qualified job-seekers with a range of top hospitality, industrial and facilities management brands.
Our results speak for themselves, £8.75 million in VC funding between 2016 and 2018, ‘Recruitment Technology Innovation of the Year’ at the Recruiter Awards, ‘Hottest Platform Economy / Marketplace’ at the Europas and ranked 7th in the ‘Startups 100’ in 2018.
In 2019 we were bought by Indeed, the World’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey.
We are proud to state we are experiencing 3x year-on-year growth and currently have 30,000+ high quality workers verified on our app. Our internal team now boasts over 160 dedicated professionals in the UK. We’re looking for an ambitious, self-motivated Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join us as we continue our journey and make 2019 our most successful year yet.
As part of the Executive management team, Syft CFO will have interaction with various members of a company, both senior and junior.
As Chief Financial Officer (CFO) you will contribute to the growth of Syft Finance teams globally and have primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of a company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations.
We are looking for a strategic thinker, experciend finance Leader who also enjoys a hands on approach and has experience operating in a fast paced, start up environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build and grow Syft Finance and Accounting teams globally
- Provide leadership, direction and management to the finance and accounting teams
- Provide strategic recommendations to the Syft founders and members of Syft Leadership team.
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting, financial controls, budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Execute the financial strategy of the company
- Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company
- Provide advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential financial risks in a timely manner
- Support Syft Founders with the preparation of monthly and annual financial plans
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field (MBA preferred).
- Previous experience in post Series B financing phase, fast growth startups that were two sided marketplaces preferred.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CPA).
- 10+ years experience in a senior financial managerial position.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced start-up environment with high levels of ambiguity.
- Experience building and growing Finance and Accounting teams to support business expansion and success.
- Competitive salary and a generous commission structure
- Comprehensive benefits package, such as free mobile phone insurance, discounts on gym membership, health insurance and plenty more!
You’ll fit right in at Syft if:
- You’re flexible – you’ll muck in and help with anything
- You’re proactive and always willing to learn
- You prefer a start-up environment because you want to have an impact and love being in a fast-paced company
Syft is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that wants to build a welcoming and diverse working environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnic background, race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.