We hope you are all well and keeping safe during these uncertain times. We want to remind everyone how vital it is to remember the best health and safety procedures during your day to day working especially if you are involved in working shifts. By being vigilant with your health you are not only protecting yourself and your loved ones, but you are also protecting the public, which will help stop the spread of Covid-19.
Your own health and safety is paramount when working in the Industrial or Facilities Management sector, so please take a look at the DOs and DON’Ts below to ensure you and those around you keep safe.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and particularly before you touch food or if you have been out in public. areas, or have been coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Always cough and sneeze into a tissue, then throw it away and wash your hands. Use your arm if you don’t have a tissue to hand.
- Respect the need for social distancing: if you go out, stay at least two metres away from others to prevent transmission of the virus. Avoid non-essential use of public transport where possible.
- Speak with your manager if you are unsure where the nearest place is to wash your hands or if you need further guidance on the workplace procedures.
- Contact Syft if you have any health and safety concerns relating to a shift.
- Do not have contact with anyone who has symptoms.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your hand.
- Do not attend a shift if you or someone you live with is experiencing any symptoms and follow the government guidelines for self-isolation recommendations.
Our Syfters health and safety is extremely important to us so if you have any questions or concerns relating to a shift please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via Live Chat.
You can find the full GOV UK guidance on Covid-19 here.
Keep safe everyone,