Our internal team now boasts over 90 dedicated professionals located across England and Wales. We’re looking for a highly-experienced and passionate Ruby on Rails Developer, to join our highly talented & ambitious team!
Syft is at an exciting stage of our journey as we’re experiencing rapid growth and if you want to see your efforts make an immediate impact, then this role is for you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be responsible for maintaining and developing the backend application, which serves the iOS, Android and web apps
- Our backend is based on a Rails Grape API and hosted on Heroku
- We’re considering gradually adding Elixir to our stack to improve response time as we scale
Qualifications and Skills
- Experienced with Ruby on Rails and building REST APIs
- Comfortable following the best practices like testing (RSpec), refactoring, and writing clear, expressive code
- Good at designing software that will be flexible in face of changing requirements
- Detail oriented and don’t consider a task finished until it’s working without any issues, looks perfect and contains no bugs. If (and when!) bugs do arise, you will be expected to take ownership of the problem and see it through to completion
- Industry competitive salary packages
- Regular team building events
- Benefits such as free mobile phone insurance, discounts on gym membership, health insurance and plenty more!
You’ll fit right in at Syft if:
- You’re flexible – you’ll muck in and help with anything
- You’re proactive and always willing to learn
- You prefer a start-up environment because you want to have an impact and love being in a fast-paced company