Applications for the Hospitality Actions COVID-19 grant have now closed
We put together this to help you to apply for the HA grant. Read on 👇👇
TL;DR – download the supporting letter from Syft here https://bit.ly/HA-grant
WHAT IS IT?
Hospitality Action (HA), a charity for the hospitality sector, is offering a one-off hardship grant of £250 per household. Applications open at 9 am on Monday 23 March on a first-come-first-served basis.
The application form will be available at www.hospitalityaction.org.uk and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read full instructions here https://www.hospitalityaction.org.uk/get-help/.
HA urges you to send back completed application forms with all supporting evidence to ensure your application can be considered before funds are exhausted. Sadly, HA won’t be able to help everyone who applies. But they will do their best to help as many people as possible as quickly as possible.
DUE TO THEIR VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS, HOSPITALITY ACTIONS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESPOND TO INDIVIDUAL APPLICATION OR DOCUMENT QUERIES. YOU ARE RECOMMENDED TO PREPARE ALL EVIDENCE AND SUBMIT IN ONE GO.
Syft is not affiliated with the grant scheme and we cannot advise your eligibility or your application status or result.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
You must be currently working within the UK hospitality industry or have worked in the industry within the last month. This means you must have worked with Syft within the last month.
You have savings of less than £1,000 per person or £2,000 for a family or couple (including rolling bank balance). Any income you receive from state benefits would be exempted.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- The application form will be available on hospitality action website at 0900 on 23/03/2020.
- Provide us with evidence of your current or most recent employment within the hospitality industry by sending us a copy of a full month’s bank statement for the previous month showing your salary and name of employer.
- Provide written evidence from your employer where you have either been made redundant or had your hours or pay reduced as a direct result of the coronavirus. Download syft supporting letter here https://bit.ly/HA-grant.
- Email your completed application form and supporting evidence to the address included on the form with the subject line ‘C-19 Grant’.
WHAT DO I NEED TO SUBMIT?
- A supporting letter from Syft – download it here (https://bit.ly/HA-grant)
- Proof of your income and savings (read next question)
- We also suggest a screenshot of your syft profile which shows your hospitality job roles.
HOW SHOULD I SEND IN PROOF OF INCOME AND SAVINGS?
To confirm your income, we can accept photocopies or screenshots of the following:
- Latest full month’s bank or building society statement showing your benefits/wages/pensions.
- Latest quarterly statement (for Post Office Direct Payment accounts).
WHAT IF I WORK FOR MULTIPLE AGENCIES LAST MONTH, NOT JUST SYFT?
HA didn’t provide many details on this but as long as you worked for Syft last month and your hours have been reduced this month you could be eligible. We (syft) suggest you apply and give it a try.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FULL INSTRUCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS HERE.
**PLEASE APPLY TO HOSPITALITY ACTIONS DIRECTLY ASAP AND SYFT WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO ADVISE YOUR ELIGIBILITY OR THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.**
💗💗We hope this helps. We’re working with HA closely to see if we need to provide any additional document to support your application. If you’re asked to provide additional info from your employer (syft), please email email@example.com with the subject line “HA Grant”.